Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pink and Pearls





pink and pearls

I was scrolling through my Facebook and one more Friend of mine got engaged (usual for Facebook feed of someone in twenties). what really caught my eye was her cream colored dress with soft pearl embellishment on net. ah so perfect now i wanted that dress so badly. so i saved that picture to my iPhone obviously in the outfit album.but i m not getting married so i decided to make a simplified version of that dress which is very wearable and not "bridal"

Next  i went to a Chinese market to do some winder shopping and i found this skirt . it was soft and had pearls and it screamed TAKE ME HOME.. at that time i had an idea of what i wanted to make with it but to convert your idea into reality is the tough part.

After modifying my idea for a few days  i went back to the market to get fabric.and i did not find any thing even closer to what i wanted.so i just compromised and got this lace type fabric .because it matched my skirt.

It looked nice at that time together but it was too plan so my hunt for a patch to go over the front area began. tried a lot shops and then i found this pearl necklace and that was it. .
explained the tailor whole story and kept praying for a week.
my tailor has become wise now so he did a good job.
later to add something extra i added more pearls on the edge of the shirt .i got more pearls by breaking a bracelet :)
dupata was stolen from my mom which luckily matched
the end result was no way close the the actul ideas but i m really happy with this one and want to wear it every day.

Enjoy this little look book





Stay Creative, keep smiling

Noureen

5 comments: